On Saturday, the day after the party at Terry’s and Sandy’s house, we had another party. This time with my colleagues from work. We met at my boss’s house (Eduardo and Kim, thanks for organizing and hosting!) at 5:30pm. The invitation said the party will run till the cows come back home. I had no clue my boss had cows, but I am sure he doesn’t have them any more. We ate them all and they were delicious! The atmosphere felt like a visit to an Olympic village having a chance to talk to people from all around the world, except I knew these people for more than two years and they were not my competitors but people I cared for. So here we are, a typical Radiation Oncology department in Arkansas with families and friends: my wife Stepanka (go, Czechs, go!), Eduardo (Venezuela) with his wife Kim (USA), Dr. Vaneerat (Thailand), Volodymyr and Ruslana (Ukraine), Yulong (China), Sunil (Nepal), April and Craig (USA), Jose (Puerto Rico) and his wife Ellena (Cuba), Dan (China), Martha (Spain), Yulong (China), Gal and Lea (Israel), Xin (China), Rob and Amy (USA), Azemat with her son (Iran), Michael and Kathy (little Italy and USA), Ivaylo with his wife (Bulgaria), Yiping (China), and myself. The party was great and I was happy I had a chance to talk to most of the people. I wish we have done this every week as our regular seminars: a 30-minute presentation on a clinical study, new hyperthermia device, maybe some photons flying like crazy or a couple of sketches of liposomes, and then we would switch to Dunkel, grilled hot dogs, beer-marinated sausages, corn-bread casserole, baked potatoes, spring rolls, and all the wonderful food we ate on the porch last night. So maybe next time. For now, I am thankful to God for the great people He put to my life in Arkansas.
1 comment:
Petr, That was very well summerized. We will miss you very much here at University of Arkansas. One of the coolest times here at work was hearing about your Czech visit, while you worked on the Pinnacle Planning Station doing all your SURLAS research. I love hearing about places I have never been and I will always rememeber that day.
Again, good luck to you and know that you always have a place to stay in the future. Keep the funny stories posted. April Wurtz
Post a Comment