Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dinner at Terry’s and Sandy’s house

We arrived with a slight delay (see previous blog for details). I was very excited as I wanted to enjoy that evening with the friends coming. My excitement was doubled as I knew most of our church’s kitchen crew would be involved in the preparation of the food. A feast for our minds and stomachs was about to happen that night. The food was indescribably delicious. We talked about everything from us leaving for the Czech Republic, to comparing socialized medicine in my country to the healthcare system in the US. Everything was crowned with Terry’s (he is a test pilot) stories about him coming home and sharing his another-day-in-the-office experience with a fire in the cockpit, and followed by Barbara’s (she is a frequent flier) story about a pilot checking the landing gear through a door in the floor on a commercial flight shortly before the landing. We had a wonderful time and we hope to see you all again soon! Thank you for organizing the dinner!

No comments: